Ever wondered how to choose a good dress? If you are like me, then you probably have. Shopping for dresses can be difficult and time-consuming. With so many selections available, from women's workwear fashion to boho dresses, it's hard to know what the best choice is. We have some helpful tips for you to find the perfect dress for your body type and occasion.
When it comes to dressing up, we all know that the most important thing is choosing the perfect outfit. But when you're looking at your closet and don't have much idea of what to wear, take a deep breath and think about trends and accessories. You can always go back to the essential factors that will matter when choosing the right outfit for the season.
1) Know Your Body Shape: When shopping for a dress, it's important that you take into consideration your shape and size before purchasing one off of the rack or website. For example, if you're petite but curvy in all the right places, then don't buy a fuller length dress because they will make feet look really small - instead, opt for something more fitted or just midi dresses with an empire waist or a simple wrap dress.
2. Choose a dress with the right neckline for your figure: Choosing the right neckline can make or break your outfit. It is vital to find a dress that complements your figure and makes you feel confident. The initial step in this process is determining what type of neckline best suits your body shape.
The first thing on finding the right neckline is whether or not you have an hourglass shape. If you have a pear-shaped figure like Beyoncé, look for dresses that show off your curves and accentuate your waist. It can be a bodycon mini or midi dress with a V-neck or scoop neck that will do just the trick! For women who are curvier in their lower half, try a boatneck or turtleneck dress, so it doesn't draw attention down south. And lastly, if you're petite and shorter than 5'4", go for something low cut since anything high up will make you appear even tinier! There are plenty of options out there when it comes to necklines, so don't feel limited to one style. It is best to try on the best style that suits you best in different types of dresses, whether it is for party or workwear fashion.
3. Consider the length of the dress - is it too long, too short, or just right for you and your height:
"How long should a dress be?" is one of the most common questions I get. There are so many factors to consider in determining the length of a dress, and it's something you'll want to know before deciding to buy your next dress. What will you wear with it? Is it for a casual meeting then a simple white midi dress will do, or a cocktail dress for the nighttime glam? Will you need to walk or sit down in it? Do you have small children who might crawl under your skirt? All of these things can affect how long your dress needs to be, but there are some general guidelines for getting an idea of what length would work best for you.
Dresses come in a range of lengths. From knee-length to floor-length, there is a dress for every situation and body type. The length of the dress should depend on the event - shorter or mini dresses are better for events where you will be sitting or standing around; longer dresses such as maxi and midi dresses work well when you need to walk around all day long. When it comes to finding the right length dress, take into account your height and weight to find your perfect fit!
4. Be mindful of what's in style this season and try to stay up-to-date on trends: A woman's closet is like her kingdom. She has to be mindful of what's in style this season and try to stay up-to-date on fashion trends, or else she'll always feel like her wardrobe is out of date. It can be hard and frustrating with so many styles to choose from, but it sure does help when you know where the best places are for finding new clothes that will fit your personal style!
Tender Rose Boutique is your smart woman's boutique. Because we know that finding the right dress is hard, and you may have a ton of options: work dresses that come in varying lengths, boho dresses, white midi dress and then there's the constant struggle against (unlikely) spillages or stains on your clothes. At Tender Rose Boutique, we understand that feeling. It is a one-stop-shop that is filled with women's workwear and pieces to take you from desk to date night. This shop has something for every occasion. It can be frustrating to find something not only appropriate but also comfortable and budget-friendly. Give yourself some peace of mind and invest in one of our timeless pieces, from our basic workwear styles and boho-inspired midi dresses to elegant nightgowns.
With the constant changing of seasons, it's time to think about what new trends are in store for us. With the summertime season approaching in Australia, we can see that it brings lots of boho dresses and high waisted pants for casual and women's workwear. Many of these clothes have soft colour palletes and floral dresses patterns, but they're more on the formal side with lace detailing and high necklines. To stay up-to-date on what's in style this season and fantastic promos, I highly recommend following the social media accounts of Tender Rose Boutique.
5. Wear something that makes you feel confident about yourself! "Dressing is an art form that requires the wearer to take a stand. When we dress, we are saying something about ourselves. It's our way of presenting ourselves in the world and telling people who we are." -Ralph Lauren
When you feel confident, it shows in your actions. People will notice and respond to the confidence that comes from wearing something great! Whether it is your usual workwear, cocktail dress or evening gowns, and even your casual floral boho dress for a summertime getaway, confidence is the key to make it look better on yourself.
It's the season when you start thinking about how to dress for the upcoming season. The warm days and cool nights can make it difficult to find a dress that is just right, but we have some suggestions on what will work best this summer! Whether you like dresses with sleeves or without, women's workwear or midi dresses, boho styles or more classic floral dresses-we have something for everyone. Let us know your preferred styles and why (and don't forget your thoughts on colours!) in the comments below. What are your favourite dress styles?